Wednesday, January 24, 2007

What is a Brother?

I met a man the other night
He really took me to task
Whats this all about brothers
Was the question that he asked

His manner really stunned me
And then it made me sore
But I pulled myself together
Before I put him on the floor

A Brother is a Veteran
Soldier,Sailor,or Marine
CoastGaurdsman,Seaman,Airman Blue
Marine or Soldier Green

They've stood together tall and proud
and fought across the sea
Gone where ordered without a word
For the cause of liberty

Persian Gulf and World War Two
Parades when they came home
Korea and then Viet Nam
When Brothers came home alone

A Brother has shared alot
Cold,snow,heat,and rain
He has held a Brother in his arms
Crying to ease the pain

A Brother will be there for you
It's something that you learn
A Brother will give you his last dime
And ask nothing in return

Brothers band together
United for all to see
A Brother watches over a Brother
And his entire family

And one last thing said I
And finally understood
At every cemetery around our flags
Are gaurds from the Brotherhood

A.J. WelchOct 95